Namibia Online Campaign
Namibia Global Online Marketing Campaign
Building capacity of online marketing techniques and partnership development for the Namibia Tourism Board to increase online and social media presence and help grow the Namibia tourism industry.
- Client: Millennium Challenge Account – Namibia
- Partners: Namibia Tourism Board, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Project Duration: July 2011 – July 2013
Consumers are increasingly using online sources to learn about destinations and make key travel decisions. MCA-Namibia has contracted Solimar International to enhance the Namibia Tourism Board (NTB)'s online marketing activities and identify new global audiences.
Solimar will strengthen online communities, penetrate new target markets and drive sales. Innovative use of social media and online advertising will compliment enhancements to Namibia's award winning website and a series of four targeted campaigns will utilize best in breed platforms to engage new audiences with inspiring content. Solimar will ensure that the NTB has all the tools and institutional capacity necessary to integrate online and social media marketing into the country's overall marketing strategy.
- Creating Online Marketing Strategy: this online marketing strategy will be aligned with the NTB's overall business strategy and will serve as the starting point for the Online Marketing Campaign and as the foundation for all decision-making and activities.
- Creating and Implementing New Business Strategy: the creation of a two-year Online Marketing Business Plan based on the Online Marketing Strategy will set a course of action and clarify the resources needed to implement the strategy.
- Implementing Online Marketing Campaign: with the strategy and business plan in place, Solimar will implement the Online Marketing Campaign in collaboration with the NTB and its international offices.
- Building Capacity: Solimar will provide a comprehensive training program that combines intensive on-site workshops and distance learning through webinars to train NTB personnel in online marketing techniques. Solimar will also assist in improving the connectivity of NTB international offices.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: tracking the effectiveness of each campaign component ensures best use of funds to meet campaign goals. Being able to see what works and what doesn't allows for better use of resources and a more effective campaign.
The primary goal of the campaign is to ensure the NTB has the necessary tools and capacity to combine online marketing activities with their current overall marketing strategy. Specific results include:
- Increased quantity and quality of Namibian tourism information
- An active community of travelers, media, trade partners, and NTB brand ambassadors communicating actively and positively about Namibia online
- New and strengthened trade partnerships to better leverage trade investments in marketing and sales of Namibia
- A globally integrated virtual marketing team that is working collaboratively to implement a cohesive online and social media marketing strategy adapted to the local context
- Significantly increased worldwide knowledge of Namibia as a tourist destination and increased tourism revenue from additional visitors following the declaration by the Ministry of Tourism to double the number of visitors by 2020.
- Facebook Page: /NamibiaEndlessHorizons
- Relevant Articles:
Online Marketing Campaign
Customized Facebook App for tour operators
Related Blog Posts
Feb 04, 2016Granada, Nicaragua Solimar and the SAVE Travel…
Jun 17, 2015A destination’s culture is manifested in its art,…
Jun 12, 2015Culture and Tourism The World Tourism…