Tourism Master Plans
A tourism master plan is the roadmap for destination success. It is a crucial first step that will address three important questions: “Where are we?” “Where do we want to go?” “How do we get there?”
Tourism is now commonly viewed not only as a major source of employment, but also as a tool for conservation and a catalyst for urban and rural regeneration. Solimar assists destinations approach this fragmented industry in a planned and orderly fashion through undertaking a strategic tourism master plan.
Solimar’s tourism master plans provide a comprehensive look at all of the destination’s assets, where are the biggest opportunities for growth, what are the main roadblocks, and how can they be overcome. The strategy is created with a blend of in-depth research and personal consultation with local businesses, government officials, and residents.
Our approach also ensures that your master plan is implemented--and does not end up on a shelf collecting dust. Understanding that tourism is a diverse and complex industry with a variety of interlinking stakeholders, we employ a collaborative approach that engages the public and private sector and encourages their participation and commitment to achieve a shared vision for the destination. The master planning process will secure local buy-in, define the actionable steps needed to achieve common goals, and provide you with the ability to track results and adapt to changes when needed.
At the end of our comprehensive process, destinations will have a 10- to 20-year strategic vision, strategy, and action plan for developing tourism in a sustainable manner for the benefit of local residents, investors, and tourism operators.
What to Expect
- Destination Assessment - A comprehensive assessment of the destination brand, attractions, product quality, and a thorough assessment of tourism's enabling environment and policies
- Destination Vision - A shared view of the destination’s desired qualities in the long-term
- Focus on Demand - Analysis of visitation levels and travel habits to and within the destination among important niche traveler segments
- Visitation Goals and Sales Targets - Targets for visitor arrivals in the short-term and long-term delineated by visitor profile
- Product Development Action Plan - Approach for the creation or improvement of tours, lodging, attractions, events, and visitor services that can enhance the visitor experience. Includes opportunities to attract investment
- Marketing Goals and Opportunities - Strategies to increase awareness among target markets, driving sales, and reaching visitation goals
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan - Key performance indicators with time bound targets and a methodology to collect the data to analyze the success of all destination initiatives
Related Blog Posts
Feb 04, 2015Can you believe we’re already a month into 2015?…
Nov 25, 2014The task of measuring tourism impacts is often…
Oct 22, 2014On September 24th, Solimar International Chairman…