Solimar International Summer 2017 Internship Program
Solimar International is excited about building future leaders of sustainable tourism development! Our Washington DC-based internship program is designed to help current students and recent graduates gain real-world experience in the sustainable tourism industry through hands-on engagement.
Solimar International is a small specialist consulting and marketing firm with a team of creative and experienced professionals who share a common vision of how sustainable tourism can stimulate economic growth while conserving natural resources and cultural heritage. Our tourism consulting and marketing services focus on delivering innovative tourism assessments, destination development strategies, and tourism marketing for our clients, which include international development organizations, tourism authorities, national and local governments, NGOs, preservation agencies, tourism & private sector enterprises and local communities.
We are currently seeking energetic and motivated summer interns to assist our Washington, DC office with a variety of program support needs. Duties will include project implementation, communications, and business development—providing interns with valuable exposure to a variety of aspects of a small international development consulting firm.
- Program support to include research, assistance with client deliverable preparation, implementation of strategic plans and monitoring and evaluation;
- Communications support to include writing blog posts and managing/crafting content for social media platforms (i.e. engaging in online conversations);
- Trade outreach to tour operators and travel agents to help sell the destinations in which Solimar works; and
- Business development support to include research and assisting in the preparation of proposals to a variety of private and donor clients.
Qualifications and General Requirements:
- A passion for sustainable tourism development and marketing;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; and
- An attention to detail and willingness to take on a variety of projects.
This is a great opportunity to build experience in tourism marketing and sustainable development while working in a team-based atmosphere. If you have excellent communication skills and an interest in sustainable tourism, this internship will be a great experience for you.